F445 Haas School of Business, 510.643.1398 (Monday, Wednesday)
230 Bechtel Engineering Bldg, 510.642.8790 (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
Professor Wu's Executive Assistant (For Help with other administrative issues)
Direct phone: 518.725.1688
Next Class Date, Assignments & Questions
May 4, 2006: EBay – Global Expansion through Acquisitions
Team: Team 8
1. What has made eBay so successful to date? What has eBay been able to do that its other competitors couldn’t match?
2. What caused eBay Germany’s decline post the acquisition by eBay? How did Justus try to deal with the low morale?
3. What made the migration of eBay Germany to the common eBay platform so difficult? What organizational change did Justus implement in response to this crisis?
4. EBay lost to rival Yahoo in the Japanese marketplace. Why?
5. Discuss EBay's approach to Mainland China. Opinions regarding the best expansion strategy?
Copyright © 2006 Charles C. Wu. All Rights Reserved.